Thursday, December 3, 2009

14 Weeks

Well this should be the end of the road for the nausea and morning sickness.  So far it hasn't been.  It has gotten better, but we're not out of the woods yet.  With Lily I was still getting sick til about 20 Weeks.  As long as its gone by the time we go to Hawaii (50 Days away).
I go to the doctor this coming Friday for a regular pre-natal visit.  I assume she will start measuring my belly since I am showing now.  I looked at my belly pictures from my 1st pregnancy and I look like I did at about 18-19 weeks with Lily.   So I am definitely showing a lot quicker this time around.  Hopefully that doesn't mean a big baby!

Lily has been nothing short of entertaining these days.  She repeats EVERYTHING you say so she knows more words than I can count now.  We are working on colors now since she has most her animal noises down.  Its so much fun hearing new words and sounds from her these days.  I can't wait for Christmas this year because she will actually get to interact with the gifts and toys.  We also plan to start a tradition of reading the Christmas story out of the Bible.  It should be fun since we got her the Fisher-Price Nativity Set and she already is very familiar with who Baby Jesus is. 

Preparing for Baby #2.  So far all I have done is buy a few newborn diapers when they are on sale.  I recently discovered that Luvs makes newborn diapers which is awesome!  If you can find a store that actually carries them.  I did have to cave and buy a pack of Pampers (which are my favorite but most expensive) I at least had a coupon.  I am going to try to buy a pack a month til the baby comes to get us pretty well stocked up.  Just hopefully we won't need 2 months worth of premie diapers like we did with Lily.  I am planning for a normal end to the pregnancy this time around.  We haven't done anything to the baby's room as of yet.  Kinda hard to get motivated when we don't know what we are having.  Until then we are trying to figure out where we are going to store my old day bed as well as a TV and bookshelf.  I am sure we will figure something out.  I hate to get rid of the bed cause we could use it for Lily when she gets older.  So we'll see.  So right now we just wait a couple more weeks til we know what we are having then we can really get started.  I am thinking I might be crafty this time around and make the bedding.  We shall see!

No comments:

Meek Family Happenings- Word Press Blog