Monday, March 1, 2010

27 Weeks Dr's Visit, Van, & 22 Months

Had my 27 week doctors visit today.  I had to be there 30 min early to do my glucose test.  I had to drink this sugar drink then get my blood drawn an hour later.  I will await results.
Turns out that I have gained more weight that I was thinking I would at this point.  I am up to 23 pounds total.  Ouch!  Hopefully that will slow down.  I gained 38 with Lily and I still had 5 weeks left with her.
My blood pressure was a little higher than the last time so she told me that I need to start monitoring it from home.  Luckily my parents have a blood pressure monitor that I can borrow.  She is not concerned at this point but just wants to be cautious.  I also go in tomorrow for another lab to check for any other signs of pre-eclampsia.  Again just another precaution.  She just wants to catch it early if it is going to happen again this time.  I tried my best in the office not to worry about it but my pregnancy hormones got the best of me and I got a little emotional.  She reassured me that she's not worried so I shouldn't be.  Still....I can't help but think about it.  So the whole way back to Olathe I prayed about it.  Mainly for God to just take the situation and give me a peace about it.  Because I know that the added stress of me worrying is not going to help matters.  I was also told that I need to "take it easy" from here on out.  So whatever that means.  I will do my best.

We dropped off our taxes last week and we hope to get our refund soon.  Our plan is to pay off the truck with it then start shopping for a van.  We figure we can get a pretty good deal on a Toyota Sienna right now.  We'd like to get a used one like a 2009.  Right now they are pretty decently priced considering they just came out with the 2011 version.  All I really feel like I need on it is a remote that opens the doors and the option to add a 8th seat.  I never thought I'd be excited about getting a van.  I never saw myself driving one.  I always wanted to go with the SUV instead.  But the more I think about it a VAN is going to be more practical for us.  Each time I lift Lily into the truck I think about how nice it would be to just be able to set her in her carseat in a van or better yet let her climb in the van herself and climb in her seat.  Plus the thought of 2 carseats in the back of the truck worries me a little.  It doesn't leave much room for groceries or anything else that I would need to get while running errands.  Even though the idea of running errands with a toddler and a newborn seems like it would be impossible at this point.  But we'll see how it goes.

We got a mattress, changing pad, and double stroller last weekend.  So I feel a little more prepared now.  Ryan finished painting Charlee's room and all that's left is putting up the chair rail and then we are going to have his cousin Kendra paint care bears on the walls.  Our furniture will be delivered March 9th.  I will feel better about the whole idea of this baby wanting out early if the nursery was ready.  Once the furniture is here then I will start washing her clothes in the Dreft soap.  Right now they'd just be in the way if I started washing them.

Lily has been so much fun to watch these days.  Everyday there is something new that she says that we had no idea she even knew.  Objects she knows and animals she knows after just reading them aloud to her in a book once.  She remembers.  I don't want to sound biased but I am CONVINCED she is a genius.  She of course takes after Ryan.  She has also been playing "mommy" a lot more lately too.  I made some burp cloths for Charlee and Lily has been using them as blankets for her dolls.  She calls them her babies.  She carries them around wrapped in the blanket and she even tries to feed them and lay them down for a nigh night.  Its pretty darn precious.  I love it.  She will be a great big sister.  I can't want to see what she does with her REAL baby sister when she gets here.

Well its time to put Lily to bed so I better go for now.  I'll keep everyone posted on my status.  I return to the doctor in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Meek Family Happenings- Word Press Blog