Wednesday, May 5, 2010

36 Weeks, More Answers, A Plan Maybe???

I hate to even write this cause it seems like things keep changing each time I see my doctor.  As a quick background of what's going on, first I apologize if this is more info than you want but at this point its the only way to explain my situation.  I am now seeing the doctor twice a week.  Mondays for regular OB visit, Non Stress Test, and to start my 24 hour urine.  Thursdays I go in for blood work, NST, and blood pressure check.  The 24 Urine is to check for protein which is a sign of preeclampsia.  My count has to be 300+ for them to consider me "preeclamptic".  Last week's hospital visit and 24 Hr test only showed about 220 counts.  Today's test showed 275.  Which is a big jump.  So at this point my doctor is fairly confident that if we do the next 24 Hr test that it will be over 300 and then we can schedule the C-Section for next Friday (which is the 14th).  Now if my blood pressure reaches above 150/100 (last Monday it reached 158/98 which is what sent me to hospital overnight stay) while in the doctor's office they will forgo the 24 Hr test and just do the C-section that day.  This is what we are trying to avoid at this point.  So for my next 2 dr's visits we need to pray that my BP stays down so we can PLAN to have her instead of having an emergency.  Because we believe that is what caused all my issues last time was the fact that I hadn't fasted before the surgery and the urgency of it sent my body into shock (the ileus).
All that being said.  It is highly likely that we will be having Charlee next Friday unless my blood pressure is off the charts or my 24 Hr doesn't reach 300 count.  In which case it would be emergency (high BP) or we wait til 39 weeks.
I go to the doctor tomorrow for my blood work and NST.  We just need to keep my pressure down below 150/100 for this visit and the Monday visit.  A nice way to celebrate Mother's day weekend staying at home with my feet up praying that my blood pressure is good for Monday.

1 comment:

Andy said...

i could barely follow that. lot of numbers and medical stuff.

so have you had the baby yet?

Meek Family Happenings- Word Press Blog